You can find the answers to all your questions here!
1. Can I apply for the second year of the Master’s program if I already have an excellent level in foreign languages but no specific knowledge of software and computer languages that are taught (Photoshop, HTML/CSS…)?
Of course, you can apply for the second year of the Master’s without needing any specialized programming knowledge. Every year, we welcome between three and five new students with no previous technical experience. To apply, you will need to have graduated (or be graduating) from your 4th year of university study (Bac+4) or have at least three years of ‘professional experience’ (in foreign languages for instance). You should be willing and able to work hard and, of course, be fully committed to the program. You can submit your application via the e-candidat platform. Once accepted, you will receive a list of online resources to help you get up to speed for the second year of the CAWEB Master’s program.
2. I did not follow the first year of the CAWEB Master’s program (M1). However, I did complete the first-year of another Master’s degree. Is it worth applying to the second year of the CAWEB Master’s program (M2)?
Yes. Between 20% and 30% of our second-year students were not actually enrolled in the first year of the CAWEB Master’s degree. Second year students often come from other Master’s degrees and even from abroad. Once accepted, you will receive a list of online resources to help you be technically prepared for the second year of the CAWEB Master’s program.
3. I work and have a family, but I would like to apply for the Master’s second-year distance learning program in order to improve my skills. Is this a realistic and viable option for me?
The distance learning program is set up to combine a full-time job with both theoretical and practical academic training. Classes are available from our online platform and real-time audio conferencing between students and teachers is held in the evening. If your work or family commitments make it difficult for you to follow all the units in one year, you can also do the program over two years. However, the specific fees will be a little higher.
⇒ More information
Candidates must first apply on the University’s pre-application platform. After a preliminary review of the application, candidates will be invited for an interview – either face-to-face in Strasbourg for local students residing in Alsace or via video-call for candidates from further afield. If candidates do not possess a language level certificate relating to the languages they wish to study, they will be asked to take the relevant language tests (level B2 minimum) before beginning the program.
5. I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Foreign Languages and I would like to apply for the first year program. How do I enroll?
Candidates must first apply on the University’s pre-application platform. After a preliminary review of the application, candidates will be invited for an interview – either face-to-face in Strasbourg for local students residing in Alsace or via video-call for candidates from further afield. If candidates do not possess a language level certificate relating to any the languages they wish to study, they will be asked to take the relevant language tests (level B2 minimum) before beginning the program.
The required documents are:
- A cover letter
- A CV
- A copy of your last diploma and the transcripts of your last academic year
- It is also possible to strengthen your application by adding a link to your personal portfolio in your CV.
The pass rate of the distance learning program is about the same as the on-campus course. This is mainly thanks to the students’ strong work ethic, our selection procedure, as well as the full support and advice from the CAWEB team throughout the academic year. Studying by distance learning does not mean studying alone. You will be monitored by your professors as well as a coordinator. Furthermore, you will also have real-time meetups (audio conferences) three times per week.
9. I haven’t completed 4 years of university education, but I do have work experience in one of the fields taught on the Master’s program. Can I still apply for the second year?
Yes, it is possible to apply if you have significant experience in one of the fields taught in the Master’s program (languages, computer science, or web). In order to apply, you must first submit a request your personal and professional skills to be validated by an official administrative body – ‘Validation des Acquis Professionnels et Personnels’ (VAPP*) in French. Contact us for more details.
* VAPP is a French administrative procedure which allows educational institutions to officially recognize previous work experience.
10. I’m not French and I haven’t studied in France. Do I have any chance of being accepted on the program?
Yes! Between 20% and 30% of our students aren’t even French! The CAWEB Master’s program is proud to have welcomed students from all over the world, such as : Moldova, Greece, Italy, Armenia, the UK, Tunisia and more!
⇒ More information