M2 continuing education
Both the first and the second year of the Master CAWEB are open to people in continuing education. However, a continuing education enrollment is particularly interesting for people who,
through their training and professional experience may be admitted directly into the second year of the master.
What is continuing education ?
Continuing education allows professionals or job seekers to study again and to deepen their knowledge through a nuiversity graduate program or to be retrained professionally.
Who is it for ?
For distance learning program (only possible in the second year), anyone taking up study must enroll in continuing education. It concerns :
- employees who benefit from the support of their employer (including vocational training leave) or from an organisation ( FONGECIF , AFDAS , ANFH , UNIFORMATION , OPCA , OPACIF , CPF , etc.)
- beneficiaries of a professional contract or professionalization period (only in the second year)
- jobseeker’s allownance beneficiary and people who benefit from social security income (RSA) from the government.
Conditions of admission
- academic record and language tests for any person with an undergraduate/bachelors degree or through the acreditation of previous personal or prefessional experience (VAE).
- have a very good level in French, English and any of the other languages taught(or just English and French for non- Francophone students)
- academic record plus language and selection tests for any person with a post graduate diploma or relevant VAE.
- have basic knowledge of software and taught web languages
Steps to follow for admission
- Think about the funding possibilities : OPCA, FONGECIF etc. grant from the Region, local job center etc. , personal finance or employer. Feel free to inquire with the Training Departement of the University of Strasbourg:
- Apply via the Master CAWEB website from April . Link: admissions.
- If you do not have a post graduate diploma (a 4 year university degree) but if you have significant experience in one of the fields taught, ask a Validation of Personal and Professional experience with the Continuing Education department : Service Formation Continue.
- If you are selected after tests and interviews ( distance interview if you are applying for the distance program, in Strasbourg if you are applying for the on campus program ), you can register with the Continuing Education department.
- Your registration becomes effective after the settlement of specific training costs ( unless professional contract ) . The payement of the fees may, if necessary, be split into various instalments .
The first year runs from early September to late May in Strasbourg.
In the second year, three courses are possible:
- 9 months for group lessons in Strasbourg followed by professional experience (internship or paid work ) 3 months
- 12 months alternately (as part of a professional contract or apprenticeship contract), 2 to 3 days per week in a company
- 12 Months in distance learning program (employment or professional contract at the same time ) and 3 sessions of three days on campus during the year in Strasbourg.
Start date : mid-September